It’s A Touchy Subject
Where will your final resting place be? It may sound weird, but if you consider what you’re about to read, I believe you just might see things a little differently about how good and worthy you are to face God at the end of your life. How would you assess where you stand with your Creator? How do you think you will be assessed as a person who was gifted by God with life on earth?
First, I am asking you to consider that you breathe because God’s breathe was breathed into you making you and I living beings. This is what the Bible teaches. If you think about what an honor that is, it’s pretty profound. Also, in order to have a breakthrough you will need to let go of how practical or ludicrous, good or bad, innocent or guilty you think you are at this moment. My goal is to show you something spiritual because the mind assesses differently than the spirit. However, the questions I would pose are meant to reveal to you the actual condition of your mind, soul and spirit according to the Sovereign Judge.
For this moment, in order to assess accurately and play along with me, you sort of have to assess as if you are God, not your self. In other words, don’t talk yourself out of your authentic answers or you’ll miss the revelation. Be straight about it.
For this exercise, you must realize God ultimately gets to be the Judge and He is in control of your final resting or unresting place, not you.
So, I’ll ask you some questions and you need to answer them as honestly or brutally as possible from the perspective of a Holy God, not a diplomatically correct God. One should not confuse the two. Also, you should know that God does not compare you to anyone else and does not judge on a sliding scale. Consider that He judges fairly being the only Spirit that is capable of judging the true heart and integrity of a man.
- Do you think you are a good person? Yes or no.
- Do you think you are a moral person? Be honest.
- If you could get away with stealing a million dollars and knew positively that you wouldn’t get caught, would you steal it?
- Do you think heaven is a Holy Place?
- Do you think Jesus was a Holy Man? Why?
- Do you think it’s fair that holy and evil people should spend eternity together?
- Do you know that God (The Creator in heaven) will not allow anything unholy in His presence?
- Can you imagine heaven as somewhere that could be unholy?
- When you consider there could be a hell, who do you think should be there?
- Why do you think Jesus is referred to as the Savior or Messiah of mankind?
- Is it possible you’ve been spiritually misled or deceived by something or someone you don’t understand that keeps you from wanting to serve God, rather than your self?
- Do you know what the Ten Holy Commandments of God are? God’s laws for living. (10 commandments (1) No Other God but me, (2) Don’t commit idolatry. Don’t worship other God’s like carved images. (3) Do not say Lord’s name in vain (4) Keep the Sabbath Day holy (5) Honor your Father and Mother (6) Do not murder (7) Do not commit adultery (8) Do not steal (9) Do not lie (10) Do not covet your neighbor’s wife or anything they own. This means don’t envy others.
- If no, what will your excuse be when He asks why not?
- Do you think anyone is capable of keeping all of the Ten Commandments 100% of the time.
- Can you imagine a Holy God deceiving you? Yes or no.
- Is it possible that man created religion, not God?
- Is it possible that God wants a relationship with you more than rules?
- Is it possible that the Bible is a Holy Prophetic Book offering proof of its validity available through studying it?
- Is it possible that man created war, not God?
- Is it possible that God is so fair and just that the world has evolved to this point of evil because God allowed freedom of choice to man? Is this fair in your opinion?
- Is it possible that God has been trying to work around wars and religions created by man to reveal himself as your friend and not your enemy?
- At this point, do you think you qualify as a family member in heaven with a Holy God?
- If God created hell, why?
- Is it possible than satan is the deceiver of the nations and that is why Jesus came to save mankind?
- Even if you know little about Jesus or the Bible, if you were to be spiritually deceived, does your gut tell you it would be Jesus or satan to deceive you?
- If there was a God that loved you beyond your imagination and beyond human understanding, do you think it could be Jesus?
- Do you think God sees anyone as good?
- How do you think you might be made Holy and acceptable to God, worthy of a Holy resting place?
- Is it possible that the Creator knew something about the “power” of a Holy blood sacrifice that we cannot fully understand?
- Is it worth asking for forgiveness and repenting of your sins, according to God’s commandments, to have Jesus reveal the Truth in your heart about how much He loves you?
- Where will your final resting place be?
- What do you really have to lose by considering everything that’s been revealed to you today?
- Do you know what you have to do to know for sure you will spend eternity in a peaceful resting place?
Ten Commandments (Exodus Twenty)
3 “You shall have no other gods before me.”
(Put God first in your life.)
4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
(Don’t commit idolatry by worshipping anything other than the Creator.)
7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
(Don’t say the Lord’s name in vain.)
8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
(Keep one day a week as a holy day that is just for resting and being with God.)
12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
13 “You shall not murder.
14 “You shall not commit adultery.
15 “You shall not steal.
16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
(Covet means don’t envy or desire someone else’s things at any level. This creates cravings for things that are not yours.)
The Challenge With The Commandments
Here’s the challenge with the commandments of God. No one is capable of keeping them continuously, however God knows are heart and if we are truly doing our best to be holy. There are still rewards in heaven for those who took these commandments more seriously than others. That seems fair doesn’t it?
Still God requires complete holiness. In a nutshell, that is the very reason Jesus came to save us from a life separate from He and the Father. We must get real with ourselves about our own falling short, repent, turn from doing things unholy as best we can and accept Jesus as Savior. He is the only way we can be made Holy so we can enter a peaceful resting place.
We don’t want to end up in a final unresting place of weeping with evil and darkness for all eternity. The candles seem romantic in the dark now, but take away the candles and it’s pitch black. So, if you think you are seeing righteously living by your own terms, being self indulgent, don’t be deceived. We will ALL be judged by the One who was chosen to make the call. His name is Jesus. Every day, you are choosing a path that will lead you to eternal good or eternal evil. Choose today to accept the Savior’s gift.